Albums from Quebec singer Dominique Fils-Aimé and Toronto rapper Tobi have been shortlisted for this year’s Polaris Music Prize.
The selection of 10 albums will face off for the $50,000 award recognizing the best Canadian album of the year, as chosen by a team of journalists, broadcasters and bloggers.
A longlist of 40 albums was previously announced on Jun. 15. That list has been narrowed down to the following selection:
- Theory of Ice, Leanne Betasamosake Simpson
- Parallel World, Cadence Weapon
- Head Above the Waters, Dijah SB
- Three Little Words, Dominique Fils-Aimé
- When Smoke Rises, Mustafa