Armie Hammer under sexual assault investigation

LOS ANGELES – Actor Armie Hammer is less than investigation for sexual assault, Los Angeles police claimed Thursday.

Hammer’s legal professional denied the allegation.

Hammer is the key suspect in a sexual assault that was claimed to police on Feb. 3, LAPD spokesman Officer Drake Madison reported. Law enforcement would give no further more particulars on the incident or who designed the report.

Earlier Thursday at a movie news convention, a girl stated that on April 24, 2017, in Los Angeles, Hammer raped her for 4 hours, slammed her head versus a wall and fully commited other violent acts from her.

The Related Push does not generally recognize alleged victims of sexual assault.

The woman appeared on digicam but identified herself only by her very first identify, Effie.

“During people four hours I tried to get absent but he would not allow me,” she said as a result of tears. “I assumed that he was heading to destroy me. He then remaining with no issue for my well-staying.”

Advert

The woman’s attorney, Gloria Allred, said they experienced presented proof to Los Angeles police, which includes shots of Effie’s accidents. Allred declined to say when they produced the report, and would not confirm that it was the one particular created in February that the LAPD is investigating.

Effie was 20 when she and Hammer fulfilled on Fb and began a relationship in 2016, and they experienced their last get in touch with very last yr, Allred claimed.

Hammer’s lawyer claimed in a assertion that from the starting he has taken care of that all of his interactions with Effie and each and every other sexual spouse “have been fully consensual, discussed and agreed upon in advance, and mutually participatory.”

The assertion termed her allegations “attention looking for and sick-advised” and mentioned “her possess correspondence with Mr. Hammer undermines and refutes her outrageous allegations.”

“With the fact on his aspect, Mr. Hammer welcomes the prospect to established the history straight,” Andrew Brettler explained.

Ad

The assertion provided a screenshot that Brettler stated was a textual content concept exchange in July of final year in between Hammer and Effie, in which she expresses a need for rough, forceful intercourse with him, and he responds by expressing he no lengthier wants a romance with her.

The 34-year-old actor was married at the time to television personality Elizabeth Chambers. They divorced last calendar year.

Hammer very first gained fame through enjoying twins in 2010’s “The Social Network,” and is very best regarded for his starring roles in 2017’s “Call Me By Your Name” and 2013’s “The Lone Ranger.”

Most just lately, Hammer starred in the Netflix remake of “Rebecca.” A sequel to “Call Me by Your Name” with Timothée Chalamet has also been in progress.

Allegations of sexual violence in modern months have derailed Hammer’s career.

Previously this calendar year, an Instagram account started publishing screenshots of text messages allegedly from Hammer as much again as 2016. Allred would not remark on no matter if her shopper was guiding that account, @houseofeffie. When those people text messages began showing in media studies, Hammer named them “vicious and spurious on line assaults against me.”

Ad

Following these texts have been released, Hammer departed the comedy “Shotgun Marriage ceremony,” in which he was to star alongside Jennifer Lopez, soon prior to output was to commence. He before long after departed the Paramount+ collection “The Offer you,” about the making of “The Godfather.”

Hammer was also dropped by his company, WME.

___

AP Film Author Jake Coyle contributed to this report.

___

Adhere to AP Leisure Author Andrew Dalton on Twitter: https://twitter.com/andyjamesdalton

Copyright 2021 The Affiliated Press. All rights reserved. This materials might not be posted, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed with out permission.

Next Post

Alexi McCammond parts ways with Teen Vogue over past tweets

Fri Mar 19 , 2021
Saying her past anti-Asian and homophobic tweets have overshadowed her function, journalist Alexi McCammond said Thursday that she and publisher Condé Nast have made a decision to part means at Teen Vogue. “I really should not have tweeted what I did and I have taken comprehensive obligation for that,” the […]