Today’s total number of energetic circumstances stays on par with the scenario depend on July 16.
Around the weekend, most of the new conditions ended up confirmed in Fraser and Inside Overall health, with the latter and Vancouver Coastal Health seeing the most will increase in active circumstances. You can find also a person new healthcare outbreak.
In the meantime, the B.C. Centre for Disease Regulate (BCCDC) and the Vaccine Evaluation Centre (VCC) in Vancouver are conducting a analyze to analyze the shorter- and prolonged-term immune responses to diverse COVID-19 vaccines in grown ups.
The review is in search of contributors who are 50 years of age and higher than, and who have acquired at the very least a single dose of either Moderna or AstraZeneca vaccines. Much more details is readily available at the VCC site.
The B.C. Well being Ministry described nowadays that the province has experienced 156 new COVID-19 circumstances over the past 3 time periods.
The 3-working day full includes:
- 56 new cases from July 16 to 17
- 60 new conditions from July 17 to 18
- 40 new scenarios from July 18 to 19.
Currently, there are 653 lively situations of COVID-19, which is 1 much more circumstance than July 16.
With a minimize of 11 hospitalized situations, there are 49 persons in hospitals now, and 12 of people patients are in intense care units (exact range as July 16).
The new and energetic instances contain:
- 63 new instances in Fraser Health, with 166 total active conditions (a few more than July 16)
- 58 new scenarios in Inside Wellness, with 179 whole active scenarios (15 more than July 16)
- 27 new instances in Vancouver Coastal Health and fitness, with 246 whole lively scenarios (13 fewer than July 16)
- four new scenarios in Island Well being, with 21 full energetic instances (nine much less conditions than July 16)
- three new conditions in Northern Well being, with 33 full active situations (four fewer scenarios than July 16)
- just one new case of a person who resides outside the house of Canada, with 8 whole energetic instances (one particular far more circumstance than July 16).
Above the earlier 3 times, two new fatalities transpired in Fraser Wellness and Vancouver Coastal Wellbeing, which provides the all round full fatalities to 1,763 persons who have died of COVID-19-similar will cause for the duration of the pandemic.
With 154 recoveries more than the previous three time periods, a cumulative total of 146,062 people today have now recovered.
In the course of the pandemic, B.C. has described a cumulative whole of 148,487 conditions.
Given that B.C.’s immunization plan started in December 2020, the province has administered 6,173,328 doses of Pfizer, Moderna, and AstraZeneca vaccines.
As of now, 79.9 per cent (3,701,843) of eligible people today 12 and older in B.C. have obtained their to start with dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 53.2 p.c (2,464,201) have received their 2nd dose.
In addition, 80.9 per cent (3,499,069) of all qualified grown ups have been given their first dose and 56.6 per cent (2,447,323) have now gained their next dose.
Nowadays, Fraser Wellbeing announced a healthcare outbreak has been declared at Holyrood Manor in Maple Ridge, wherever a few clients have examined favourable.
Now, there are two lively outbreaks:
- acute care: Laurel Put at Surrey Memorial Clinic (Fraser Wellbeing)
- long-term care: Holyrood Manor (Fraser Overall health)
- assisted or unbiased residing: none.
None of the 5 regional health and fitness authorities declared any new group outbreaks, general public exposures, or enterprise closures.
The B.C. Centre for Condition Command (BCCDC) included the subsequent 8 flights to its public exposures lists (affected row information and facts is stated at the BCCDC web site when readily available):
- July 6: WestJet 123, Calgary to Vancouver
- July 8: AeroMexico 696, Mexico Metropolis to Vancouver
- July 11: Air Canada 122, Vancouver to Toronto
- July 12: Air Canada 108, Vancouver to Toronto
- July 13: Air Canada 103, Toronto to Vancouver
- July 13: Air Canada 226, Vancouver to Calgary
- July 14: Air Canada 555, Los Angeles to Vancouver
- July 15: WestJet 173, Edmonton to Vancouver.
Sobeys detailed Safeway at 1721 Columbia Avenue in Castlegar as having just one worker, who last worked at the area on July 11, as tests beneficial.