For the initial time in above a 7 days, today’s new case rely rose earlier mentioned the 600 mark.
Meanwhile in vaccine information, Overall health Canada declared nowadays that it has accepted the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
On Monday (March 8), men and women over 90 decades of age and Indigenous individuals over 65 many years of age will be equipped to e-book vaccine appointments. All other age groups are requested to wait around to call until finally their registration time period begins.
B.C. provincial well being officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and Well being Minister Adrian Dix reported, in a joint assertion, that there are 634 new cases (such as three epi-connected situations) in B.C. these days.
That features, by region:
- 365 new scenarios in Fraser Health
- 149 in Vancouver Coastal Overall health
- 60 in the Northern Health
- 33 in Inside Health and fitness
- 26 in Island Overall health
- a single particular person from outside of Canada.
At the instant, there are 4,901 energetic scenarios, which is an increase of 159 more cases given that yesterday.
With 7 more people today admitted to hospitals with COVID-19 since yesterday, there are now 255 persons are hospitalized today, and 66 of them are in intensive treatment units (two more folks considering the fact that yesterday).
Public health and fitness is checking 8,861 persons who have been exposed to determined cases—an raise of 202 people given that yesterday.
Regrettably, there are four a lot more COVID-19-similar deaths, which brings the whole fatalities through the pandemic to 1,380 persons who have died in B.C.
With 483 recoveries because yesterday, a cumulative full of 76,752 folks (92 p.c) have now recovered.
B.C. has now recorded a total of 83,107 scenarios during the pandemic, which contains (by region):
- 48,776 in Fraser Health and fitness
- 19,306 in Vancouver Coastal Wellness
- 7,555 in Interior Health
- 4,799 in Northern Overall health
- 2,515 in Island Health
- 156 folks from outdoors Canada.
B.C. has four new variant scenarios, for a complete of 250 cumulative conditions. Now, 12 of the instances stay lively.
So much, B.C. has had:
- 222 cases of the B117 (U.K.) variant
- 28 scenarios of the B1351 (South Africa) variant.
B.C.’s immunization application handed a milestone, with about 300,000 doses administered.
As of nowadays, 311,208 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered, and 86,865 of those people are 2nd doses.
Just one new health care facility outbreak has been declared at the Holmberg Home Hospice in Abbotsford.
Northern Health and fitness declared right now that a likely COVID-19 exposure at North Coast Transition Society’s Crane’s Crossing shelter (1080 3rd Avenue West) in Prince Rupert transpired between February 22 and 24.
Anyone who visited the shelter in the course of that time period of time is questioned to observe on their own for 14 days soon after the day of visit. Any individual who develops symptoms ought to call the Northern Wellness Virtual Clinic and facts line for Northern B.C. residents at 1-844-645-7811.
The B.C. Centre for Sickness Command (BCCDC) included the next two flights to its lists of COVID-19 exposures:
- February 28: Air Canada/Jazz Flight 8239, Terrace to Vancouver, influenced rows 3 to 9
- March 3: Air Canada Flight 45, Delhi to Vancouver, impacted rows 21 to 27.
Loblaw added five stores with personnel customers who have tested positive.
1 retail outlet was the Davie Avenue Your Impartial Grocer (1255 Davie Street) in Vancouver, exactly where an personnel who analyzed constructive final labored on March 1.
Two other outlets had been Buyers Drug Mart locations:
- one particular staff who analyzed beneficial last labored on February 28 at 102–22441 Dewdney Trunk Road in Maple Ridge
- 1 staff who analyzed optimistic final worked on March 1 at 141–610 6th Road in New Westminster.
The remaining two retailers were Serious Canadian Superstore locations:
- two employees who tested beneficial previous worked on February 23 and 27 at 8195 120th Road in Delta
- a person employee who analyzed positive past labored on February 24 at 3000 Lougheed Highway in Coquitlam.