Alongside her crew, the singer usually takes the phase to accept the honor and presents a shout-out to her boyfriend Joe Alwyn, whom she says was the initially person to listen to the chart-topping album
Congratulations are in order for Taylor Swift and Dua Lipa. The “Cardigan” singer was honored with a single of the largest prizes at the 2021 Grammy Awards which took location on Sunday, March 14 at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles, California.
Taylor’s chart-topping album “Folklore” acquired her the trophy for Album of the 12 months classification. She properly beat other nominees for the classification such as Jhene Aiko‘s “Chilombo”, Black Pumas‘ “Black Pumas (deluxe edition)”, Coldplay‘s “Everyday life”, Jacob Collier‘s “Djesse Vol. 3”, Haim‘s “Women of all ages in Tunes Pt. III”, Dua Lipa’s “Long term Nostalgia” and Submit Malone‘s “Hollywood’s Bleeding”.
Along with her crew, Taylor took the phase to take the honor. In her acceptance speech, the singer gave her boyfriend Joe Alwyn, whom she claimed was the first individual to listen to the album, a loving shout-out. She also talked about that her friends Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds “are the 2nd and third persons.” Concluding her speech, Taylor claimed, “We will hardly ever fail to remember that you did this for us.”
Tonight was these types of a magical night for Taylor. In addition to profitable the prestigious award, the singer manufactured her return to the Grammys phase just after 5 decades, offering a showstopping medley overall performance of her albums “Folklore” and Evermore”.
That night time also featured Billie Eilish snagged a single of the biggest awards. The Grammy winner took dwelling the trophy for Report of the Year for her track “Anything I Needed”, edging out fellow nominees including “Black Parade” (Beyonce Knowles), “Colours” (Black Pumas), “Rockstar” (DaBaby feat. Roddy Ricch), “Will not Get started Now” (Dua Lipa), “Circles” (Write-up Malone) and “Savege” (Megan Thee Stallion feat. Beyonce). Billie received the very same group final yr with her well-liked track “Negative Male”.
As for Dua, who collected six nominations this yr, the “New Rules” hitmaker was named as the winner of Very best Pop Vocal Album with her hit set “Long run Nostalgia”. Meanwhile, Harry Styles won Ideal Pop Solo Functionality for his single “Watermelon Sugar”.
Earlier that evening, Megan Thee Stallion was named as the Finest New Artist with H.E.R. winning Music of the Year for her monitor “I Are unable to Breathe”. Also between winners at the 2021 Grammy Awards had been Terrible Bunny, John Legend, Kanye West and Beyonce Knowles as perfectly as her daughter Blue Ivy.
See total winner list right here.
Winners at the 2020 Grammy Awards:
- Album of the Year: “Folklore” – Taylor Swift
- History of the 12 months: “Lousy Man”- Billie Eilish and Finneas O’Connell (Billie Eilish)
- Track of the Yr: “I Can not Breathe”- H.E.R.
- Most effective New Artist: Megan Thee Stallion
- Finest Pop Vocal Album: “Future Nostalgia- Dua Lipa
- Ideal Pop Solo General performance: “Watermelon Sugar” – Harry Kinds
- Greatest Pop Duo/Team Functionality: “Rain on Me” – Lady GaGa & Ariana Grande
- Greatest Common Pop Vocal Album: “American Common” – James Taylor
- Ideal Dance Recording: “10%” – Kaytranada feat. Kali Uchis
- Ideal Dance/Digital Album: “Bubba ” – Kaytranada
- Best Rock General performance: “Shameika” – Fiona Apple
- Best Rock Song: “Keep Significant” – Brittany Howard, songwriters (Brittany Howard)
- Greatest Rock Album: “The New Abnormal” – The Strokes
- Most effective R&B Effectiveness: “Come House” – Anderson .Paak & Andre 3000 a.k.a. Andre Benjamin
- Most effective Regular R&B Overall performance: “Black Parade” – Beyonce Knowles
- Ideal R&B Track: “Far better Than I Consider” – Robert Glasper, Meshell Ndegeocello, and Gabriella Wilson, songwriter (Robert Glasper, that includes H.E.R. and Meshell Ndegeocello)
- Ideal Latin Pop or Urban Album: “YHLQMDLG” – Negative Bunny
- Best Rap Album: “King’s Illness” – Nas
- Best Rap Effectiveness: “Savage” – Megan Thee Stallion feat. Beyonce Knowles
- Finest Melodic Rap Effectiveness: “Lockdown” – Anderson .Paak
- Most effective Rap Track: “Savage” – Beyonce Knowles, Shawn Carter, Brittany Hazzard, Derrick Milano, Terius Nash, Megan Pete, Bobby Session Jr., Jordan Kyle Lanier Thorpe, and Anthony White, songwriters, songwriters Megan Thee Stallion feat. Beyonce Knowles
- Greatest R&B Album: “Bigger Really like” – John Legend
- Very best Country Solo Performance: “When My Amy Prays” – Vince Gill
- Ideal Nation Duo/Team General performance: “10,000 Hours” – Dan + Shay and Justin Bieber
- Ideal State Song: “Crowded Table” – Brandi Carlile, Natalie Hemby and Lori McKenna, songwriters (The Highwomen)
- Greatest Country Album: “Wildcard” – Miranda Lambert
- Very best Compilation Soundtrack for Visible Media: “Jojo Rabbit” – Many artists
- Very best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media: “Joker” – Hildur Gudnadottir, composer
- Ideal Music Written for Visual Media: “No Time to Die” – Billie Eilish and Finneas, songwriters (Billie Eilish)
- Very best Songs Video: “Brown Skin Girl” – Beyonce Knowles
- Very best Tunes Film: “Linda Ronstadt: The Seem of My Voice” – Linda Ronstadt