Postlab for Media Composer extends facilities’ on-premise storage investment by providing a lot-necessary protected remote enhancing for a modest incremental value. It is quickly, protected remote modifying that delivers the very same wonderful working experience of becoming in the facility.
November 04, 2021
Hedge, the creator of modern-day, smart computer software for online video specialists, nowadays officially released Postlab entire assist for Media Composer, a cloud-indigenous option to permit collaborative distant enhancing workflows for Avid editors. Postlab serves as an extension to an on-premise Nexis or other Avid-suitable NAS/SAN storage. Doing away with cumbersome entry gateways and superior latency related with cloud-media workflows, Postlab for Media Composer offers a great user knowledge, regardless of obtainable bandwidth. A adaptable pricing design allows write-up facilities and media firms use the Postlab system devoid of upfront motivation, and scale and shrink workforce measurements when essential.
“Media organizations need to have a way to collaborate remotely appropriate now. Specified the uncertainty close to the pandemic, several do not want to make significant investments or sweeping infrastructure alterations,” states Paul Matthijs, co-founder and CEO of Hedge. “Postlab for Media Composer extends facilities’ on-premise storage expenditure by offering a lot-needed protected distant enhancing for a smaller incremental price tag. It is quickly, protected remote modifying that delivers the same great practical experience of remaining in the facility.”
Postlab for Media Composer is intrinsically protected and would not rely on gradual and difficult-to-configure VPNs, enabling editors to commence functioning instantly from anywhere, with no bare minimum necessity for an internet link. Postlab keeps present workspaces in sync and helps make Avid’s very handy Bin Locking function perform in the cloud so customers can seamlessly collaborate on tasks with out overwriting every single other’s perform, a vital element of any workflow, on-premise or in the cloud.
“Postlab for Media Composer is an Avid Nexis in the cloud with the advantages of a neighborhood station,” states Wealthy Camp, assistant editor at Jax Media, a production company that has labored on shows like “Russian Doll,” “Search Get together,” and “Emily in Paris.” “Someone in Los Angeles can get the job done on a display with another person in New York seamlessly. On a modern production, we had been working in bins again and forth across the Atlantic, in actual-time. It’s a great workflow.”
Postlab for Media Composer delivers the greatest of the cloud with none of the drawbacks:
- Quick onboarding – Postlab has no middleware, storage restrictions or other restricting things. It’s a seamless changeover from on-premise to cloud, with critical functions and features of your Nexis (or Avid appropriate NAS/SAN) workflow intact.
- Edit Even on Light-weight Connection – Postlab functions with each quickly and sluggish connections and exactly where bandwidth is inadequate for serious-time cloud operation, media files are prefetched and intelligently cached, so they’re accessible for immediate modifying. Postlab’s Workspace aspect also enables editors to cache a full folder and its material domestically, so only metadata and lock data files call for syncing, which is instantaneous.
- Acquainted Workspace and Collaboration – Postlab for Media Composer extends Nexis and regular Avid NAS/SAN storage workflows into the cloud, giving editors a acquainted workspace, and capabilities like Bin Locking ensure that editors can collaborate with no overwriting significant work – just as they are utilised to.
- Minimal Cloud Charges – Moving media files in and out of the cloud is frequently time-consuming and high-priced because of to egress charges. Postlab for Media Composer cuts the fees together with the complexity of utilizing the cloud via metadata and a “zero egress” plan no concealed fees similar to cloud storage – a rarity in a world dominated by Azure and AWS.
- Scalable, Without the need of Seller Lock-In – Pay back-as-you-go primarily based product makes it possible for services to pay a fundamental month to month rate and then add additional Postlab customers for as very little as 1 day, rising or lowering each storage and consumers on an as-essential basis – crucial for amenities functioning on dynamic productions and employing different quantities of freelancers.
Postlab for Media Composer functions for all Avid Media Composer Top editors, regardless of whether they are doing the job on-premise or from property, and supports all kinds of storage—an on-prem Nexis process, NAS or SAN—or no on-prem storage at all. Hedge’s 15-day absolutely purposeful trial allows amenities set Postlab for Media Composer to the test with zero upfront dedication.
Seamless Extension to Avid Nexis
Transferring to Postlab is an straightforward phase for services with an Avid Nexis, with no education necessary and no modify to the current workflow. Media Composer editors will see their familiar workspaces and workflows, with the included reward of getting able to do the job wherever.
Support for Avid-Appropriate NAS/SAN Shared Storage
Avid Bin Locking is what enables editors to collaborate working with shared storage. This is developed natively into Postlab and operates alongside Avid-compatible area shared storage regardless of whether it is a NAS or SAN.
No NAS or SAN?
Media Composer Best buyers who do not have a centralized NAS/SAN storage remedy can completely leverage Push, Postlab’s shared storage in the cloud. An integral section of the Postlab system, Travel enables for enhancing straight from the cloud with no requiring to down load all media to start with. Push scales with a team’s requirements, ensuring you under no circumstances pay for storage that’s becoming utilised.
For extra background on Postlab for Media Composer, study the newest blog write-up in this article. To master more about Hedge’s new giving, please visit https://hedge.video clip/postlab-avid.
Started in 2016, Hedge is a Netherlands-born startup that simplifies advanced media workflows from acquisition and asset generation to write-up-production. The Hedge group are educated by “Dutch Design,” as they prioritize the person working experience, where simplicity of use goes hand-in-hand with its technological performance. The company’s flagship application, Hedge, set new benchmarks for media backup, though Canister demystified the formerly arcane approach of LTO archiving. With the release of Postlab in 2019, Hedge created remote collaboration economical for just about every editor doing the job from property, and in the studio. Hedge’s goods are in each day use by above 30,000 shoppers all more than the planet, from Hollywood productions to marriage ceremony shoots, and everything in between.
Share posting on social media or electronic mail: